Advancing Sustainability Leaders 2015
Advancing Sustainability Leaders is an innovative program for managers and emerging leaders in Western Sydney local government. It aims to develop the capacity of participants to become effective sustainability leaders and catalysts of change within their council to increase the delivery of leading practice water projects
ARIES was commissioned to deliver the training, coaching and personal assessment components of this unique personalised program, tailored to senior local government staff.
The 2014 Advancing Sustainability Leaders Program provided the following benefits.
- Provided access to skills, coaching and networks that support the role of sustainability leaders as catalysts of organisational change.
- Facilitated social networking and learning among emerging sustainability leaders.
- Built the leadership capacity of managers and emerging leaders in local government to deliver effective water-related sustainability projects.
- Fostered support within councils for sustainability leaders and their initiatives.
- Facilitated the delivery of innovative sustainability projects that use learning as a tool for creating change.
- Encouraged the integration of education into other sustainability programs and activities within local government.
The ARIES component of this leadership program was led by ARIES team member Louise Metcalf (Director of Pax Leader Labs).