A ground-breaking, on-demand learning experience for professionals working with communities on environmental programs.
- Looking for a professional development course to boost your career with communities?
- Want to learn from experts about how to successfully engage your whole community?
- Want to empower the communities you work with to care for their environment?
Why you should enrol in this course
- Experience you can trust: Developed by a team of academics, educators, managers and practitioners experienced in working with communities.
- University quality: Designed by the Australian Research Institute for Environment and Sustainability and founded on the latest rigorous research.
- Comprehensive: Covers all aspects of engaging communities, including international case studies.
- Resource rich: Inspiring multimedia elements contribute to innovative delivery to provide in-depth resources together with a thorough grounding in all aspects of community engagement.
- Internationally appropriate: Developed with a global focus and written in plain English.
- Study online: Convenient, online delivery and assessments.
- Skills development: Build new skills and further develop your existing skills in working with communities.
- Study at your own pace: The 15-hour course can be completed in your own time.
- Study at your own depth: Most modules take about one hour to complete, but you can take longer by exploring the many optional extra resources provided throughout the course.
- Recognition of achievement: receive a Certificate of Achievement from Macquarie University.
- Current pressures on environmental systems
- Theories, principles and practices of effective whole-of-community engagement
- The importance of engaging diverse groups within the community
- How to design a purposeful, clear and transparent community engagement project
- How to apply appropriate engagement tools for consultation, participation and education
- How to collect, collate and analyse qualitative and quantitative social data
- Ways to build community resilience and capacity to care for the environment
- The best methods for engaging and working with volunteers of all ages
- How to write a well-structured project report
Course fee for enrolments in 2016 is $795 + GST